Sodium Ethoxide Market: Base Catalyst for Biodiesel Production
- Sodium ethoxide is a white or yellowish hygroscopic powder, which is soluble in polar solvents such as methanol, diethyl ether, and ethanol.
- Sodium ethoxide is an alkoxide salt, which is extensively employed as a strong base in organic reactions such as deprotonation, dehydration, and dehalogenation.
- Sodium ethoxide is used in various applications such as organic synthesis, agrochemicals, chemical intermediates, pharmaceutical drugs, and oxidizing & reducing agents
- It is widely available in powder as well as liquid forms. It is also available in sub-micron, high purity, and nano-powder forms.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Sodium Ethoxide Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Sodium Ethoxide Market
- Sodium ethoxide is used as base catalyst in the production of biodiesels. Growing demand for biodiesel and initiatives undertaken by government bodies to promote the use of biofuels have increased biodiesel production capacity across the globe.
- Increase in biodiesel consumption is expected to drive the global sodium ethoxide market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand for sodium ethoxide as a catalyst in various chemical reactions such as Claisen condensation and for synthesis of diethyl ester of malonic acid is propelling the demand for sodium ethoxide in the chemical industry
Rise in Demand for Sodium Ethoxide in Pharmaceutical Industry to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Increase in application of sodium ethoxide in pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries is likely to provide lucrative opportunities for manufacturers operating in the sodium ethoxide market. Sodium ethoxide is used as a strong alkaline catalyst, reducing agent, and a coagulant for synthesizing various intermediate chemicals such as phenylbutazone, phenytoin, acetophenone, tetracaine hydrochloride, methyldopa, cetazine, aminopterin, pirafloxacin, pyrimethamine, cough azine, and pirafenicin, which are used in the pharmaceutical industry to manufacture drugs.
- It is also employed in the manufacture of agrochemicals such as pesticides and herbicides. Sodium ethoxide finds use as a catalyst in various applications such as transesterifications, Ziegler?Natta polymerization, and condensations.
- It is used as catalyst in manufacturing plastics, textiles, glass, and metals, and as additives in adhesives and paints. Sodium ethoxide is a key component in synthesizing ethyl ester and diethyl ester. Sodium ethoxide is utilized as a strong caustic base in Claisen condensation to produce β-keto ester or a β-diketone.
Flammable and Corrosive Nature of Sodium Ethoxide Likely to Restrain Market
- Sodium ethoxide is flammable, hygroscopic, corrosive, and toxic substance, which decomposes when exposed to air. It solution needs to be tightly sealed in a dark bottle in an inert atmosphere. Sodium ethoxide has highly corrosive caustic base. These factors are expected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
- Sodium ethoxide faces stiff competition from sodium methoxide, potassium t-butoxide, etc. These are stronger bases than sodium ethoxide and possess similar characteristics. This may restrain the demand for sodium ethoxide during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Sodium Ethoxide Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Grow at a Significant Pace during the Forecast Period
- In terms of region, the demand for sodium ethoxide can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- In terms of consumption and revenue, Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global sodium ethoxide market during the forecast period. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period owing to the presence of a large number of chemical and pharmaceutical companies in countries such as China and India, which are dependent on chemical intermediates such as sodium ethoxide and other alkoxide salts.
- Adoption of agrochemicals to increase crop production through optimal use of scarce resources such as land, water, and fertilizers has propelled the demand for agrochemicals such as pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides.
- Rise in dependence on agrochemicals in agrarian countries such as China, India, and Vietnam is expected to drive the demand for chemical intermediates, such as sodium ethoxide, which are used to manufacture agrochemicals.
- The market in North America is estimated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to increase in manufacturing, strong economy, rise in exports, and high demand from end-use industries.
Key players operating in the Sodium Ethoxide Market:
New product launch and merger & acquisition are the key strategies adopted by top players operating in the market.
Key players operating in the global Sodium Ethoxide market include
- BASF SE
- Chemit Laboratories
- Scafell Organics Ltd
- Evonik Industries AG
- NIPPON SODA CO., LTD.
- Dezhou Longteng Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shangdong Xiangde Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
- Zibo Xusheng Chemical Co., Ltd
- Jining Hengfa Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Haihang Industry Co., Ltd.
- Changda Fine Chemical
- Xisace New Material Technology
- Chemtech Acids and Chemicals Private Limited
- Alkali Metals Ltd
- Zhonglan Industry Co.,Ltd.
- Gelest, Inc.
This post was originally published on Crypto Journal